Own the notes and sketches I use in my process.
Written by Aaron Aalto (@aaraalto)
Many of these notes have lived in my sketchbooks until now. Notes on Design is made up of sketches and tiny writings. I've included ideas that guide me in my design process.
The lessons in this book can be applied to anything in life. This is not a traditional design book. It's a collection of thoughts that have guided me in building value.
My obsession with design started at the Savannah College of Art and Design. Shortly after, I went to work in Copenhagen. It was there that the first pages were written. That was four years ago. Since then, my process has evolved and improved. In a way, I've been working on this book for more than 4 years. I'm excited for you to have it in your hands.
Who is this for?
- You are not a designer but are curious about design
- Maybe you're a designer curious about another designer's Process
- You want to learn more about the Process
- You want to solve better problems
- How to solve a problem
- How to tell a story
- How to build a sales pitch
- How to be curious
- How to listen
- How to make your constraints beautiful
- Some design principles
- What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do
- Common mistakes
- A List of Questions
- Dissecting Time
- and much more